Terrell Garden Club
COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP REQUIREMENTS
RESIDENCY - Terrell Resident within zip codes 75160 or 75161 OR a Terrell High School graduate.
GRADE POINT AVERAGE - “B” or 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) during scholarship period and previous school year.
SCHOOL ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENTS - Open to any student who attends any high school, is home schooled, or is attending any two or four year college, or advanced degree. Applicant must meet above RESIDENCY requirements.
MAJOR OR MINOR IN ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Agriculture; Agricultural Extension
• Horticulture; Floriculture; Botany
• Environmental Concerns
• Landscape Design or Operations
• Ranching; Farming
• Plant Pathology
• Plant and Soil Sciences
• Teacher Certification for any of above.
• Scholarships are open to Garden Club family members as long as all requirements are met; however, if applicant is related to a member of the scholarship committee, that committee member must excuse him or herself.
• If a family member’s application is accepted, voting must be a unanimous silent written vote by all members present at the applicable Garden Club meeting.